The Graduate Student Council (GSC) advocates for graduate students in academic, administrative, and residential matters for the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University. Through elected representatives and committee members, the GSC gives shape to the voice of the student body as it works to improve the graduate experience for all.
How to get involved
- Attend Town Hall - Meet your at-large representatives
- Join monthly meetings - First Wednesday of the month, September through May. at 6:30 p.m. in the Dudley House Graduate Student Lounge
- Join one of the standing and ad hoc committees
- Become an at-large representative
Who are we?
The GSC supports students by:
- awarding grants for travel and research
- sponsoring Mini-Courses during Winter Session
- supporting GSAS student organizations and groups that host social and intellectual events throughout the year
- recognizing faculty who go out of their way to mentor graduate students through the Everett Mendelsohn Excellence in Mentoring Awards
Conference and Research Grants
The GSC provides students with grants on a competitive basis to attend conferences and conduct summer research. Applications must include the recommendation of a faculty member and an explanation of the proposed trip or research project. The GSC meets three times a year to distribute $750 per student conference and up to $1,000 for summer research.
To learn about eligibility, deadlines, and how to apply, click here.